“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
What are the six impossible things you believe in?
I believe in:
- My ability to complete all of my unfinished knitting projects before I lose the ability to use my eyes and my hands well enough to knit
- My ability to knit my way through my entire Yarn stash, currently exhibiting all the signs of signs of SABLE (Stash Acquisition Beyond Lifetime Expectancy)
- My ability to spin my way through my complete fleece and rovings stash, also currently exhibiting all the signs of SABLE
- That achieving Item 3 will not affect Item 2 and that achieving item 2 will not impinge on efforts to achieve item 1.
- World Peace and a future Utopia – Star Trek World, if you like.
1 – I have a schedule for the knitting and slowly my pile of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) is diminishing. It was 31 items high, when I determined to get it under control. This is what it looked like when I reviewed the problem last September:
I believe that I can finish this lot before I have to give up knitting for good – not to mention all the projects that spring into life at times when I should be completing existing ones…
2 – I could show you my Yarn stash but I would need a very wide angle lens to pack it all in. The challenge is to deploy the yarn stash in new projects whilst still achieving the diminishing of the UFO pile in item 1. I believe that this can be done.
3 – I could show you my fibre stash but I would need a very wide angle lens to pack it all in. Of course, if I spin it all up into yarn, this will inflate the Yarn Stash and then I would need more new projects in order to use it up and this would take time away from finishing all those unfinished objects. All the same, I do believe that it may be achieved.
4 – Yes, I do believe that I can juggle and balance and achieve everything all at once. Why, can’t you?
5 – No, I am not being flippant. I do believe in Star Trek World – which is my name for a Utopian future Earth, with no national borders, no cash currency system, and every person engaged in fulfilling work to the benefit of all. I have to believe in Star Trek World because it embodies all of my hopes for this planet.
The thing about believing in the impossible is that it encourages us to try and if we try, we must necessarily achieve part of the goal – whereas, if we do not believe then we are not stirred to make any effort at all. I could just sit here and say “I’ll never finish all that knitting, I may as well just put it on a bonfire” – but that’s no way to live my life and I would never achieve anything if I took that line.
If we aim for the stars, we may just reach the moon.
EDIT: 6 – I also believe that I can read instructions properly and count to more than 5. *blush*
Further Impossible Beliefs:
- Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast. | Zen Scribbles
- Impossible is Nothing | Right Down My Alley
- The One That Mother Gives You Doesn’t Do Anything At All | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt – Impossible | Joe’s Musings
- Not Six Impossible Things | Daily Prompt: Impossibility | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt | Six Impossible Things | Death By Any Other Name
- Not possible, or is it? | Spunky Wayfarer
- Impossible vs. Possible | بيسان
- Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | I am Super Istar
- 6 Things That Should Be Possible | Stuphblog
- Six Impossible Things | Cloaked Monk’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility « Mama Bear Musings
- Ilya Fostiy. The Enlightened One | Philosophy & Photography
- impossible is nothing | thematticuskingdom
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | The Daily Post – waldina
- Daily Post: Impossibility | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: Nothing Is Impossible, If You Ask Me | Creative Mysteries
- Belief and the impossible | The Body Electric
- Impossible? No. Improbable? Maybe. « Sorta-Ginger
- Inconceivable! | Breathing Space
- I Wish | Virginia Views
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | LooknWalk
- The Improbable Journey | This Thread Sucks
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | My Atheist Blog
- Belief in the impossible | pandora’s island 2
- How Much Longer? Are we There Yet? | Honey Did you See that?
- I met a rhino in Ngorongoro, is that possible? | World’s heritage travel
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | My Blog
- Impossiblility is not Impossible | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Probability of (Im)Possibility | The Nameless One
- Dreaming the Impossible | Paul Scribbles
- 42 | theloneshewolf
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | I’m Making Happiness
- Daily Prompt: Impossibility | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss